Sector: Geotechnical Engineering
Laboratory of Soil Mechanics and Foundations
Topic: Foundations – Earth retaining structures
Office number: 25410 79646
Office address: Department of Civil Engineering, Building B’, Polytechnical school campus of Ksanthi, Kimeria, 67100, Ksanthi.
- Geotechnical earthquake engineering
- Static and dynamic analysis and design of foundations with emphasis on deep foundations (piles, caissons).
- Soil-foundation-structure interaction
- Wave propagation in soil media
- Soil response analysis under dynamic and seismic loading.
- Kinematic response of foundations under seismic loading
- Instrumentation and monitoring of soil-structure systems in the field and laboratory, including structures, critical infrastructures, and monuments.
- Acquisition, processing and interpretation of relevant experimental data and measurements.
- Development of analytical and numerical models in the above research fields
Reviewer of International Journals:
- Acta Geotecnica
- Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering
- Computers and Structures
- Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration
- Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics
- Engineering Structures
- European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering
- Frontiers in Earthquake Engineering (Review Editor)
- Geomechanics and Engineering, An international Journal
- Italian Geotechnical Journal
- Journal of Civil Engineering and Management
- Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenviromental Engineering, ASCE
- Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (Outstanding Reviewer status από 2017)
- Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE
- Natural Hazards
- Natural Hazards and Earth System Sciences
- Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering (Outstanding Reviewer status από 2017)
- Soils and Foundations
- Structural Engineering and Mechanics, An international Journal
- Structural Engineering International (IABSE)
- International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics
- 2021 | Visiting Researcher scholarship from the Department of Civil Engineering (Sector of Geotechnical Engineering) at the University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli” in Aversa, Italy for teaching and research activities related to my research interests.
- 2017 | Elsevier Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering Outstanding Reviewer
- 2011 | Nominated participant from Greece in the 21th EYGEC European Young Geotechnical Engineers Conference, 4-7 September 2011, Rotterdam, The Netherlands; paper selected: Rovithis Emm., Pitilakis K. and Mylonakis G. “Pseudo-Natural SSI frequency of coupled soil-pile-structure systems”
- 2004 – 2007 | Ph.D. Scholarship in Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering by the Greek National Fellowship Foundation (IKY): 2004-2007 (after written examinations)
Undergraduate Courses (spring semester):
ΣΤ.02.Υ.Κ Surface foundations and earth pressures (co-tutor with Prof. N. Klimis)
Η.13.Υ.Γ Tunnels and underground structures